First cycle
degree courses
Second cycle
degree courses
Single cycle
degree courses
School of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine
FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Course unit
ANIMAL PRODUCTION
AGN1029247, A.A. 2017/18

Information concerning the students who enrolled in A.Y. 2017/18

Information on the course unit
Degree course First cycle degree in
FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (Ord. 2017)
AG0057, Degree course structure A.Y. 2017/18, A.Y. 2017/18
N0
bring this page
with you
Number of ECTS credits allocated 8.0
Type of assessment Mark
Course unit English denomination ANIMAL PRODUCTION
Website of the academic structure http://www.agrariamedicinaveterinaria.unipd.it
Department of reference Department of Agronomy, Food, Natural Resources, Animals and the Environment
Mandatory attendance No
Language of instruction Italian
Branch LEGNARO (PD)
Single Course unit The Course unit can be attended under the option Single Course unit attendance
Optional Course unit The Course unit can be chosen as Optional Course unit

Lecturers
Teacher in charge MARTINO CASSANDRO AGR/17

ECTS: details
Type Scientific-Disciplinary Sector Credits allocated
Educational activities in elective or integrative disciplines AGR/17 General Techniques for Zoology and Genetic Improvement 8.0

Mode of delivery (when and how)
Period Second semester
Year 1st Year
Teaching method frontal

Organisation of didactics
Type of hours Credits Hours of
teaching
Hours of
Individual study
Shifts
Practice 1.0 8 17.0 No turn
Laboratory 1.0 8 17.0 No turn
Lecture 6.0 48 102.0 No turn

Calendar
Start of activities 26/02/2018
End of activities 01/06/2018

Examination board
Board From To Members of the board
6 Commissione a.a. 2016/17 01/12/2016 30/11/2017 CASSANDRO MARTINO (Presidente)
PENASA MAURO (Membro Effettivo)
DE MARCHI MASSIMO (Supplente)

Syllabus
Prerequisites: Any introductory lessons:
General and inorganic chemistry with elements of physical chemistry (recommended), organic chemistry and biological (mandatory)
Target skills and knowledge: Acquire the techniques of feeding, management and genetic improvement of animals in livestock production. Recognize and characterize the species and breeds of livestock interests. Know the farming systems and supply chains for livestock products. Elements of the environmental impact assessment of livestock.
Knowing how to formulate a ration for livestock production animals. Knowing how to calculate the value added of livestock animals. Knowing how the impact of animal production on the emission of greenhouse gases.
Examination methods: Exam written with oral exam integration.
The exam will be in the italian language.
Assessment criteria: Final assessment will weigh 80%, while the remaining 20% according to the following activities: group relations (homeworks), participation in exercises, visits and laboratory activities.
Course unit contents: 1CFU: PRINCIPLES OF LIVESTOCKS SPECIES
2CFU: ANIMAL NUTRITION
3CFU: ANIMAL FEEDING
4CFU: ANIMAL ETHNOLOGY
5CFU: ANIMAL BREEDING AND GENETICS
6CFU: LIVESTOCK ENVIRONMENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF ANIMAL PRODUCTS
7CFU: ANIMAL PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
8CFU: CHAINS OF ANIMAL PRODUCTS
e
Planned learning activities and teaching methods: Lectures, exercise in the classroom, guided tours, online self-assessment tests, laboratory of feed and food.
The total hours of the course are divided as follows:
60% hours of lectures
30% of hours of laboratory and practical actions
10% of hours of educational visits
Additional notes about suggested reading: Bittante G., Andrighetto I., Ramanzin M. (1990). “Fondamenti di zootecnia” - Liviana Ed., Padova.
Bittante G., Andrighetto I., Ramanzin M. (1993). “Tecniche di produzione animale” - Liviana Ed., Padova
Appunti delle lezioni
Textbooks (and optional supplementary readings)